Saturday 1 June 2019

A Leisurely Saturday Morning Spent Among Burgenland's Nature.

A hare and daisy story.

The wind must have been in my favour as this rather large hare sat still for quite a while. At first, as it was running toward me I thought it was a runaway dog coming my way. In fact I was already picturing a new addition to our family when it stopped and displayed a set of antenna like ears.
There, you see! It does look like a cute pavement special dashing about.
Yes, yes, yet another set of poppies, but don't you agree that it looks as if they were floating on a bed of green needles?
A delightful, refreshing and cheerful bunch of daisies lining the side of the road. A happy co-mingling of colours and species.
Rather perfect, aren't they? Miraculous how nature manages to achieve perfect flowers from a tiny seed, each and every season.
Remember, how we used to pull each petal off one by one while mumbling;
" He loves me, he loves me not. "
Oh, the cares of youth...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment