Friday 31 May 2019

Cooking The Dash Way.

The birth of a favourite burger patty.

Bob's not one for overdoing it on praise. Either he likes it and almost licks the plate clean or he politely says it tasted nice but that I had dished so much that he couldn't possibly eat any more. Fair enough, and on days that I cook meals on the fringe of likedness, I make sure to dish him more than usual.

But I like that much better than fake compliments as it does leave one basking in a pretend bath of glory. Making meals is an art form thus comments are kind of looked on subjectively. Back to Bob. We are going to a BBQ this afternoon and even though mum told us not to bring anything, we are. The usual BBQ fodder of chips and salad are a breeze but today, Bob's upped the ante for me;

" Please can you make those burger patties you made on Tuesday. They were divine. That'll show folks that vegans eat more than carrots. "
Gosh, wow. Being vegan has meant that people make either fun of us, try and change us or are eager to point out that we only eat boring vegetables which is why they could never be vegan. Yeah, right! For Bob to be an ambassador for veganism is fabulous, brilliant and one of the reasons I love him.

Alas, a slight conundrum...I never write anything down and never cook according to a recipe. Combinations pop into my head and I make them. Creative and often successful. The only system I do adhere to is the dash one....a dash of this and a dash of that.

The pressure of making these burger patties is ample and I have a feeling that they are a dash-degree different to their original. Let's hope they taste okay and aren't the last ones chosen from the serving table.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment