Wednesday 22 May 2019

Tiggi, Slowing Down Traffic.

A hoot a minute.

She's deaf but not blind. I only know that because the minute she sees either one of us, her eyes light up and she comes trotting towards us in her odd old lady gait. Walking up behind her makes no difference to her because she can't hear. Sad, but that's life.

Her common sense seems to have left hand in hand with her hearing because she enjoys lounging languidly in the middle of our road. Yes, whenever I happen to glance out the window she's either sleeping soundly, rolling on her back or cleaning herself. Of course when I do see her I rush out like a mad hornet to carry her to safety. To little avail as she strolls back out the minute my back is turned.

The road is tres dangerous what with all the mad speedsters living in our road, but there is just no way for either Bob or I to keep guard outside our gate all day long. Of course when we do see her, we spring to action and carry her into our yard..

This morning saw me cutting our hedge ( or at least a small part of it ) into shape and whilst I was emulating Edward Scissorhands I heard a hoot, followed by another one. Yes, a car had stumbled upon old Tiggi and of course she didn't budge. I sent up a silent prayer that she'd be alright and not much later the car in question drove up to me and stopped .

Before he could even voice his ire over our cat, I hastened to explain our predicament to him. Luckily he is a lover of cats and I have heard via the grapevine that he almost spoils his feline family as much as we do ours.

" You know, you should get one of those Kangaroo pouches
and carry her around with you. "
...as much as he was giggling ( he is well into Grandfather age ) at his suggestion, the idea wasn't new to me and if he thought of it, one less villager would think me mad as a hatter if they'd see me strolling about with Miss Tiggi dangling dashingly from a Kangaroo pouch!

Well, at least now he will take the stretch around our house more slowly and at least from him, Tiggi is safe.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment