Thursday 23 May 2019

An Odd Man, An Odd Taste.

The mushroom magic it seems.

Lost in my thoughts I was stepping lively towards Eisenberg when I noticed a car slow down on the main road next to me. Still having an intrinsic South African caution, I slowed down and looked for an escape route until sanity returned. Gosh, this is the cradle of safety after all.

Although, I have to say that I was a bit on edge when I noticed the car reverse on the main road and drive into Adaxl road only to then stop, more or less in line of my walk. An admirer perhaps? Without my glasses I would have had to get a bit closer to see but luckily, he reversed back into the main road ( an idiot for sure! ) and proceeded to drive five meters and than park on the side of the road. On a solid white line too.

Intrigued and slightly nosy, I walked closer. The car door opened and an elaborate exit from the driver's seat was made, one that only older folks do to perfection. Who on earth was that? Naturally I looked away in case he wanted to start a conversation with me. ( I did make sure that there wasn't any sign health problem on his side ) Well, I needn't have worried. The man studiously walked into the meadow next to his car and bent over. Oh my god I thought. Please don't let him relieve himself in front of me. That would have been too much, but not unexpected really.

When I got closer I noticed out of the corner of my eye that he had picked up something from the field. Oh my, two giant mushrooms that were growing on the side of a busy road, more than likely doused in petrol fumes.
Well, tastes do differ as they say and all I can say is; ' Bon Apetit, I hope those magic mushrooms taste nice. ' Ah, the quiet country life is far from boring and mostly funny...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment