Tuesday 7 May 2019

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes...

A stunned husband indeed.

Bob had a medical check-up day today and we coordinated it with a bit of grocery shopping culminating with the coup de grace, flea medication for our feline kids from the local pharmacy. Yes, in Austria many ointments and pills which one can buy over the counter in South Africa can only be obtained from a pharmacy here. Headache tablets included!

When we got to the parking lot, Bob did what any self-respecting husband would do...he sent me in while he waited in the car. Who wouldn't be happier out of germs' path? Gosh, the few minutes I was in there at least three people bought cough medication and one person a course of antibiotics. A flue spike perhaps?

Eventually it was my turn and after the obligatory banter across the counter, I went outside, and got into the car. Driver's side as Bob had had his eyes tested and wasn't up to driving. Not often I get the chance of sitting in the driver's seat...

Well, Bob was pale and had a slightly shocked expression on his face.

" Honey, are you alright? "
" No, I am in a state of shock! "
Now I was alarmed and seriously thought something bad had happened...
" Oh my god, you won't believe it. I was watching a young family with a baby in the pram and a girl of about four walking past me into the pharmacy when the little girl smiled, waved and said to me:
' Hallo Opa ' "
Enough said, suffice to say that Bob is considering cloaking material for his slightly greying hair...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment