Thursday 2 May 2019

Our Feral Cat Has Morphed To Being Our Baby Cat.

A laugh a minute.

Not that long ago old Tigger used to scatter away from us whenever she caught sight of us but now, just the opposite, she toddles towards us. Clever as she is, her new spot to lounge is outside the front door and sadly, regardless of rain or shine. She stays there in order not to miss out on seeing us, often though, mainly me.

Hanging up washing, a shadow. Taking the rubbish out to the bin, a shadow. Going to the car, a shadow. Cute indeed, but slightly alarming too. Tigger lives dangerously. She thinks nothing about casually lounging in the middle of our driveway, when we, Bob or I are reversing on it. Bating us to spend more time with her. Often when Bob leaves for work in the morning I hear him hoot and know that said cat is delaying his departure by lounging near his car. Only way to solve that problem is by hooting for moi to assist.

Not so when I am on my own, as I was this morning. On the way to help mum, I tried to be on time but alas, it took me five minutes to get out of our driveway. Tigger followed me to the garage, laid herself comfortably in the path where I had to reverse and despite hooting, refused to move. Like one of those silent black & white movies, yours truly got out of the car, walked to lounging cat, picked her up and put her gently on the bench outside our house. First time I walked back to the idling car only to find her missing from my rear view mirror which meant she'd moved again. Not bad for an old gal.

Oh yes, there she was again on the path, grinning up at me. Second time around I hastened my gait slightly back to the idling car but only got my pace right on the third and last try. I just managed to pass her without her being in any danger of the rolling tyres. Dear Tigger, what on earth?

Coming back home later, after doing some shopping, the whole sequence of events described above took place in reverse. Gee whizz, it took me three tries to get her out of the drive way and the car up it. She thinks it is sheer joy to be picked up by mummy and honestly, I see trying driving times ahead.

Earlier I went outside to talk to some workmen across the road and there she was, sprinting at high speed to be at my side and to save her from an oncoming lorry, I picked her up and held her in the crook of my left arm whilst talking to the workman. Oh, she was enjoying it and nary moved a paw. And to think that she was feral for so many years...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment