Thursday 16 May 2019

A Clever Old Gal.

The Tiggi saga continues.

It has been raining buckets the last few days and along with horrid gusts of wind lasting all day and night, we have had less than nice May weather. At least we could be indoors which is more than can be said for our outside lodger, Tiggi.

The little cozy house that Bob has made for her stood empty. We speculate that she has a touch of forgetfulness about her or she just doesn't like the new blanket in it. Suffice to say that she decided to rather sleep underneath some shrubs, in the driveway and most shockingly of all, in the middle of the road. Suffice to say that both of us have been running around carrying her into her house ( in case she remembered its warm coziness ) many times to no avail.

Last night she never came home and added to the fact that she refused to eat breakfast, Bob and I were distraught at the thought that she might have entered the celestial portals. Off course we do realize that nature will take its course but still, she has found a little place in both of our hearts right next to Mausi.

When we woke up at five this morning we were overjoyed to see Tiggi sitting on the windowsill, looking slightly bedraggled and hungry. Overjoyed I rushed to find some food for her, put on shoes and ran outside. When she saw me she was besides herself with happiness and couldn't stand still for a second. Knowing she must have been hungry I bent forward next to the sill in order to put food into her dish. Well, luckily I am not faint hearted because all of a sudden Tiggi jumped onto my back and made herself comfortable. Bob, who was watching this through the window, shouted for me to be aware...as if I didn't feel her!

She wasn't trying to hurt me at all but merely wanted to be close to me. As I couldn't stand up without hurting her, Bob had to come out to dislodge her from my back. We eventually got her to eat and settle down a bit...that is until Bob went back out a bit later for a smoke.

All I heard was a big scream from Bob. Turns out she had sidled up to his legs and before he knew what she was planning to do she had literally jumped up his legs trying to be in his arms, using her claws to get leverage. Rather funny if the same wasn't on the cards for me. All she wants to do is be on my lap or in my arms for a cuddle and thus her new place to rest is in front of our door, so that we can't escape her attention...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment