Sunday 5 May 2019

Day Two Of Weinfruehling On The Cards.

A successful first day for all the wine farmers.

Despite the rain it was a good start for all our wine farmers. To me it felt as if there were even more partakers than last year but maybe I based this on seeing the bus filled to capacity. Many expectant faces rearing to taste their first sip of the good stuff.

Rechnitz was on form again what with the ease of transport. If the bus didn't drive there, the local taxi would, free of charge. Funny thing about the taxi. It was a new owner/driver and the only words I spoke with him was the polite " Thank you very much for driving us " as I got out the back seat and straight away he said:

" You aren't from here, are you? You must be a Bavarian! "
How perceptive of him...turns out he is from Salzburg which is only a hop skip away from where I grew up. Small world and good hearing.

Eisenberg, the parts of it where I tasted wine, was great too. Many people were milling about with obligatory wine glass dangling from their necks. A real successful crush indeed and hopefully the tills were ringing for our wine farmers. Those that drove themselves did buy a lot of wine to take home.

Luckily I had an excuse to leave early to feed our cats, who by the way where overjoyed to see their mummy. Day two today and I think we are sampling some of Gaas's and Deutsch Schützen's wines. The weather isn't going to fantastic but it is the company that counts after all...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment