Wednesday 8 May 2019

Driving Miss Tiggi.

The plot thickens...

As you know, our little wildcat has become a pussy cat. Sweet and cuddly with a mind of her own. Just the other day she decided to grace our new neighbours with a visit that lasted all night. Yes, I found out that she shivered on my neighbour's veranda and thus has managed to procure a second home. A shelter from us?

Mum says that she was looking for me and got lost but for whatever reason she left for the night, we are glad that she has somewhere to go to. Although I did ask Stephanie not to feather Tiggi's nest too well as I would miss her terribly if she changed residence.

Having missed her so much this one night ( she is back home again ), I now take extra care to make her feel at home. Bribing her with a new lushious blanket in her lair and a vitamin paste for dessert. I know, I know!

A few moments ago I came home from work and was faced with a cat lounging on our driveway waiting for my return and when she did see our red car, said cat jumped up and ran towards me and the car. Any thought of driving swiftly up to the garage was negated by her constant return to the middle of our driveway even though I did get out three times to carry her to the windowsill, flower pot and doorway. Anywhere but the car's path.

Apart from looking like a fool for any neighbouring eyes watching our red car inch backwards and forwards in the driveway there was only one solution. I got out, picked up the gal, got back in the car with her on my lap and leisurely drove up our driveway. Miss Tiggi was as good as gold, happy as a camper and looked into my eyes as though to tell me, that this is now the new norm. Oh dear, I haven't told Bob yet...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment