Thursday 30 May 2019

Off To Hungary For A Bit Of Dental T.L.C.

Our nice dentist in Hungary.

The chipped tooth had to be seen to and when I phoned on Tuesday I was never in a million years expecting an appointment two days later. But, peppering the phone call with parental name dropping seemed to have done the trick and even today as I explained who was who, the dentist broke out in a smile and said:

" Oh, your parents are my favourite clients. "
Aagh, nothing better than a happy dentist before dental work.

I don't like x-rays and don't see the point of having them for the teeth unless it is for identification or some such. Yes, problems might show up but they will do so anyway because nerves don't stay quiet. Less looked for less found not to mention saving additional exposure to radiation. Personally I don't believe doctors when they make radiation sound like a medical must-have that does no harm at all.

My dentist couldn't have been nicer nor gentler although mere moments after I mumbled that I don't want x-rays done, she casually but with a glint in her eye said:

" You know, I don't think you need to have any numbing injections. This won't hurt much at all...! "
Eh, what could I say but okay?

The forty minutes or so that I was meditating on not swallowing that atrocious suction pipe went rather quickly and painlessly. Brilliant to have a dentists leaning towards minimalism and fixing what can be fixed instead of always replacing with new ones.

As she had done a manual check of my teeth and hadn't uttered cleaning advice or censure, I was happy getting up from her chair knowing that I had followed her previous teeth brushing directions correctly. And so I should have as I run her instructions through my head each and every time I brush my teeth...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment