Sunday 12 May 2019

A Toothless Tiggi.

A new discovery.

I only noticed yesterday whilst cuddling her on my lap that her mouth sports a gap. Yes, our darling Tiggi has lost her teeth and as sadly there are no cat-dentures on the market, yet, we have to make a different plan with regards to meals.

Both of our cats at times get a treat, a treat they seem to love and one that resembles a slim salami, nicely flavoured but though as nails which I discovered this morning when Tiggi battled like crazy to eat one of the little pieces I'd broken off for her. Shame, poor darling.

Not that I have looked for them but I am sure there must be treats for senior cats on the market. As I said to Bob earlier on, the next lot of food for her will have to be the soft, no-need-to-be-chewed kind. Mausi has a small selection of pates in her food larder, which I know she at times refuses to eat ( maybe she'd rather wait until old age when she's got no other choice ) so they have been designated for our toothless gal.

With every passing day this gal keeps melting my heart further and further. She now jumps onto my lap when I sit on the front door step and the two of us sit like that for at least ten minutes. Her purring and cuddling into my lap and I glad to give her a feeling of being loved towards the latter half of her life.

This morning when my folks came over for a Mother's day breakfast, Tiggi was as usual outside in the driveway and the minute she spotted mum, she rushed up to her to be picked up. So, when I came to the door to give mum a hug, she was already busy giving a long hug to an ecstatic Tiggi...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment