Saturday 1 September 2012

Feeling good about ourselves.

Little nudges help us along.

On the whole life is good for us, but there are always times or moments, when you feel down. In today's times, we do have a lot of difficult obstacles in front of us. One just has to turn on the TV to witness it. ( It is quite likely that I watch a bit to much TV ! )

They say that adversity makes us stronger, and I think that is true. Thinking back, some of the ' obstacles ' that set me in a panic years ago, would now be a breeze to master. For me, it is satisfying to notice those changes in what I suppose one would call character strength. Bob has also earned himself ' herculean ' character strength.

Of course, some of Bob's obstacles, are in the form of a sometimes " stubborn " wife, who likes to do things her way...But as we both at times like to point out to each other :
" You chose me, therefore you knew what you got into. No use complaining now !!! "
That always makes us roar ( okay sometimes only grimace ) with laughter...

What made me think along these lines, were a few articles I read in The Huffington Post's GPS for the Soul. These lovely articles actually made me realize that finding happiness in life and with ourselves is simple. We just need to be reminded of it.

When we are in times of hardship or difficulties, we ourselves actually often fail to see, how we are mastering them and have grown from them. That is until someone or something shows us !

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment