Have any of them helped?
In a way, the phrase Weight-loss Diet should really be named an oxymoron. Who ever looses weight with one? We should be a world wide nation of slender peeps. If not, why do we still fall for the next best one?
Someone said the other day that the minute you have a gathering of more than one woman, the subject of diets and loosing weight comes up.
That does reminds me of Shakespeare & Macbeth:
When shall we three meet again: In thunder, lightning or in rain? and how we could adapt it to : When shall we three meet again In thinness, thickness or in vain?
Off the top of my head, here are some diets I've either tried or heard about:
- The cabbage soup diet. An exhaust-ing week of only cabbage!
- The Banting diet. The new kid on the kitchen block. Let me know whether you can do that for ever...Surely walking passed a bakery and getting a whiff of freshly baked bread will make you weak in your knees?
- Weight Watchers. Tried, lost & gained.
- The alternative day diet: A few locals swear by it. You can eat everything you like on only alternate days. Otherwise nothing.
- The Blood Type diet: Goodness, they allow one so little food on it ( albeit your blood group's favourite ) that anyone would have lost weight.
- The Detox diet.
- The Low Calorie diet. That should knock all the others out of the race.
- The Atkins diet. The forefather of the Banting perhaps?
- The Raw Food diet.
- The Zone diet.
My list has only scratched the surface and it'll be nice to hear your about your diets.