Tuesday 11 November 2014

A Red Beauty, A Yellow Rose & A Sunny Day In Eisenberg.

A lovely day, six weeks before Christmas.


When I saw this red beauty towards the end of my Sunday walk, I couldn't believe it. So vibrant, so proud, so prominent. Against the backdrop of its green neighbour, this tree's colours jump out the photo. This tree is opposite the Eisenberg Vinotheque. Co-incidence or not?
Same tree, different angle...still stunning in its simplicity. Yet, the red is so world class.
A yellow rose. Not seen as often, as most like to have the red and pink roses. This rose shrub blends in perfectly with the Autumn coloured vines in the background. This rose is in the Buschenschank garden of Kopfensteiner Wine Estate. Well worth a visit....they have a red wine, that was crowned one of the best in Austria 2014.

The most breathtaking white rose, stunningly positioned in front of the Eisenberg vineyards ( you can see the look-out platform in the background ) is also a resident in Kopfensteiner's garden. Beautiful.

This hedge caught my eye as I walked passed it. How does nature achieve such vibrant and eye catching colours? As per usual I took rather a lot of photos in order to get a good one...As I was clicking away, I heard a delicate cough out of an open window. The owner of this hedge made himself known, and I almost ran away...

The vineyard slide....imagine taking a slide down that steep slope! The village seen through the fog is Eisenberg Weinberg.

The vines in this area produce the famous Blaufränkisch grapes, grapes that make the wine which puts any wine lover into a state of euphoria.


Can you see how steep the vineyards are? Imagine picking grapes or even tending to them all year round...far from easy.
Half way up the hill are two heavy vehicles. Would you rather drive the top or bottom one? Just imagine the feeling in either of them. No, not for me!

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment