Thursday 16 August 2018

A League Of Cat Serfs About.

All about the cat...

Honestly, often the main reason we go to town is to find her majesty's favourite morsels of food. We've been relegated to playing second fiddle in our household. As she only deigns to eat one brand even though I've tried numerous times to slip in a can from a competitor, it means scouring a whole lot of shops for the best deal.

Bob and I are the quintessential couple sans kids but with cats. So far I hope that I've escaped having my name whispered together with crazy cat lady. Being called Cat woman wouldn't be so bad as one does picture Michelle Pfeiffer in that black leather outfit.

From never having had a cat to being an over the top cat parent, didn't take me long but I figured that if not why not. Different strokes for different folks...that is until today when the penny dropped that Bob and I are hardly alone in our quest of pleasing the princess. Standing in front of the shelf at Müller today, dithering and contemplating each can as if it was made of gold, I couldn't help but be pleased when I heard a hurrumpf next to me;

" You know, my cat only eats a few of these choices. Often, a can of food she devoured the day before will only get a disdainful sniff and be left for eternity. "
" Oh my god, you too? Ours will rather starve than eat even a morsel of it, even though it was her favourite flavour. "
" Last year I could still get away with buying her a cheaper brand, but this year, I've had to switch to this more expensive brand. "
As we got talking over a few cans of cat food, another lady walked by, grinning to herself. Oh yes, there are many of us who have been enslaved by a cute miaow, a loving cuddle or a look that would melt any heart...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment