Friday 31 August 2018

An Unexpected Flurry Of Activity.

A case of fake news perhaps?

It has been a week of holiday, family visiting and generally unwinding to the fullest. The family left yesterday morning and taking the laissez-faire attitude a tad further, I chose to do the post visit cleaning another day. Nobody was coming anyway.

Bob is on a week's leave before the two months of harvesting begins and we've just lazed about relaxing. Late yesterday afternoon he drove to drop off some work stuff ( three kilometers away ) and a few minutes later he phoned me:

" Schatzi, my boss just phoned me to say that he and his wife would drop of stuff at our house within the next hour. Just thought I'd tell you. "
On the surface a normal bit of conversation but using my ' Bob ' translation code it meant that I should get the house into ship shape order in case the boss came in.

My laissez - faire attitude of ' we are as we are ' lasted about a minute before my emergency cleaning mode kicked in. A flurry of activity ensued, Mausi just having her house back to normal had to flee from our hoover, and I suddenly re-developed my multi tasking skill.

Bob came home ten minutes later and while I was dashing about with the Essig Reiniger & mop, I asked him to help me.

" Bob, please can you do the hoovering quickly. "
" Why are you even cleaning up? They are not coming inside. "
and with that he entered the portal of his computer game, a place where hearing is optional. Jeez-a-lou, what a cheek. Phoning me to set the ball rolling but questioning my mad cleaning dashes about the house. Being a man he has correctly worked out that my inherent ( nature or nurture ? ) need to present a neat house to visitors would trump his inherent need to duck any such activity...

Isn't it amazing what one can do with an hour provided the right motivation is there? When his boss finally arrived, sans wife, it literally was just a case of dropping something off. Nobody came inside our house and my flurry of activity was all for nothing...but not really as it was nice to know that I could check cleaning off my list of chores...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment