Friday 24 August 2018

Buttening Down The Hatches.

The impending storm.

The reeds are belly-dancing along side the barn intune with gusts of wind. It has been such a while since we've had a storm that I don't even remember if they all start like that. Specks of dust are hurtling in the air awaiting unsuspecting eyes. The one time I am without sunglasses...

The one side of our house tends to have spots of dampness and after much speculation we have come to the conclusion that there is nothing to stop the water running down the street from taking a shortcut across our property. Nature or rather water will find the least resistance and of course flow downhill.

Bob and I wanted to sort it out last night, sort of an improvised version, but he was so exhausted from work that we didn't get a chance to alter the course of water.

Chores have a habit of being forgotten but when I went outside to take the washing of the line, I couldn't but remember with a set of threatening clouds bearing down upon us. Oh, not long now and the heavens will purge. Bob is still at work so I did a speedy bit of improvisation. An old branch gathering dust in the corner has been given a new lease of life outside pretending to be a little dam and those spare bricks gracing odd places in our garden have been commandeered as seconds.

It didn't take me long to cart those items up the road by hand and artistically arrange them in order to deflect a deluge of rain. If it will work, I am not sure but at least I have tried. Of course there is a professional way to do it, but we tend to leave everything to the last minute and why not re-use what we have lying around the garden...

Let's see if this makes a difference.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment