Wednesday 29 August 2018

Newly Minted Vegan.

Finding dishes in the least expected places.

At times it seems as though I only changed culinary gears yesterday and other times I feel like having come home after a long and arduous excursion. Yes, being plant based or vegan feels perfectly right. Even though I wish I'd found my way to it decades earlier, I more than likely wouldn't have appreciated the sheer genius of it.

Now of course I love every aspect of it ranging from finding unexpected treats to places to eat. Look, realistically as a vegan I can eat anywhere...potatoes, rice and salad are ubiquitous even in the opposite spectrum's temple...McDonalds', but when I find little nuggets of vegan treasures in an Oberwart restaurant, I am excited beyond measure.

Yesterday we went for lunch at a wonderful authentic Gasthaus in Oberwart...Gasthaus Drobits. Honestly, I thought I would order a side of rice and a mixed salad until Bob excitedly pointed to a dish under the Vegetarian heading. A vegan dish, proudly named as such which was amazing considering that most locals love variations of pork. Well, regardless of what this vegan dish was, I ordered it and as it merely said rice, grilled vegetables and curry sauce, I was just expecting some bland vegetables.

Well, when the dish arrived at the table, I was stunned, thrilled, excited and couldn't wait to eat it. Personally, I think mine was the nicest plate of all as the chef had included finer vegan details such as sprinkling of rocket, beautiful decorations and had effortlessly morphed a simple veg and rice into a feast for the eyes. Loved it.

A medley of vegetables made into a divine tasting meal.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment