Wednesday 1 August 2018

Honesty & Kindness, Alive And Well In Burgenland.

A search ensues.

Picture it; this morning at half past five the Bobster was rushing about in a great panic trying to find his wallet. A dash to the bedroom, back to the kitchen, a quick look in the bathroom but alas, he couldn't find it. It must be somewhere in our house I thought and stupidly proffered this advice.

Bob stepped outside to look in the car but then remembered that he had driven a different company car when they worked close to Neusiedlersee yesterday . His last hope was the thought of his wallet lying contently upon the dashboard.

When he phoned me at nine, I felt relieved until he asked me to search thoroughly everywhere as his wallet wasn't in that other car either. I asked him where the last place was that he used his wallet. A supermarket in Purbach.

I searched high and low with the same result. Plan B, just in case I looked up the number of this supermarket as well as their local police station. One never knows.

Supermarket first. The phone rang forever until finally a woman answered. I told her my tale of a husband having lost his wallet and before I had finished, she told me they had it. Wow, gosh, great. It turned out that the wallet had fallen out of Bob's pocket as he got into the car ( one of those Mercedes vans ) and someone had found and handed it in to the office.

How wonderful to see kindness and honesty still alive and well. It refreshes the notion that people are innately nice. No ifs, whens or buts. Bob was ecstatic when I phoned to tell him and on Friday we will travel through to Purbach ( one and a half hours each way ) to fetch the wallet. A bit of a mini holiday for us at least. When life gives you lemons...make lemonade.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment