Monday 13 April 2020

A Long Weekend Already Over.

Easter, however different it was, is almost over.

Isn't it funny how one views time. Even though it seems eons ago that our Easter weekend started, Thursday afternoon, was only four days ago. I still vividly recall greeting Bob when he got home from work and doing a sort of cheerleader dance welcoming him home for the four day Easter weekend. A long four days filled with everything and nothing. Reading, eating and relaxing. What more could one want?

Apparently, time stands still for no one and wouldn't you know it, work starts again tomorrow. A back to routine. A getting up early. Organizing lunches and sort of counting down to Fridays. Time, where does it go?

With the added stay-at-home bonus I had imagined that time would slow down but already 25 of our days at home have gone. Somehow I haven't read all the books I had planned to and as I am suddenly used to this new reality, there is a part of me that wants it to go on for much longer. I know, I shouldn't say it but hasn't it been nice to have had this time out from the madness we call life? So far we've had the proverbial month of Sundays and on the whole it has made most of us a better people.

Just judging from our little village, only this morning while I was doing my walk, I encountered a young gal jogging past. Normally she gives me a rather sullen greeting ( if at all ) but this morning her face lit up as she smiled her ' hello ' at me. As horrid as the last few weeks have been for so many, it has also carried many blessings with it and has afforded us the time to realize what is important and what not.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment