Wednesday 8 April 2020

Taking Care Of Masks.

A new chore to do.

Since Monday it is mandated to wear masks ( scarves and such are acceptable too ) when entering a supermarket. I am all for it and look sharply at those who dare to go bare. Monday saw each supermarket chain give a free mask to everyone that was going to shop and since I was dying to try one, I accepted one.

These last few weeks I have been wearing a tight winter-neck-scarf that can easily be pulled over my nose and mouth and which fits snugly while feeling safe. The free mask I got at Spar felt rather skimpy. I could almost feel batches of air coming through the sides and underneath so that I quickly pulled it off and pulled up my trusted neck scarf.

A friend is making face masks from a pattern posted by a South Korean woman and yesterday I got two. A manly black one for Bob and a flower power daisy pattern for me. Before we even put them on I dropped them into the basin for a hot water wash...they kept their shape beautifully and after letting them dry on the line, I tried mine on. Brilliant. It fits and is far more sturdy and able to play gatekeeper to those pesky viruses.

Mask and face clothing is now a staple and with it comes the daily care. The whole point of these masks is to keep them virus free and thus they need to be washed daily. A new adventure but one that is worth it. Since it looks as though the next few months will be masked, I am going to get a few more masks...a rainbow of colours to cheer up everyone that sees me but judging by the looks I have been getting, more a case of daft how she's overdoing it.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment