Wednesday 22 April 2020

The State Of My Hands.

Following guidelines and common sense.

It wasn't as though I didn't already overindulge with washing my hands. Phobia, perhaps yes but imagination for sure. When we first got Miss Mausi I went into overdrive in regards to washing my hands. Every time I stroked her, off to the bathroom sink I went...cats do lick themselves all the time and eh, all over... Well, I don't go crazy anymore and after the many years she has been ours, neither of us have gotten sick despite not washing hands as often.

Well, now with the corona in play, washing hands has taken off again and looking at them now as I write, they do look like an old woman's hands. Yes, I am getting on in age but dear hands, please regress your wrinkles.

Putting cream on each and every time I wash my hands is not feasible because when I cook etc I don't want the food to have a perfumed aroma! And quite frankly, often I forget to put cream on. Soap has to be a proper soap and that does dry out the skin. When I am driving about I use strong alcohol to rub off any surfaces I did touch and then end off by wiping my hands. Yes, more horror for them.

There really isn't any good solution while we have to evade the little corona buggers and dry hands don't matter in comparison to what would happen if we didn't wash them so often. At least others are also in the same boat and when this is all over, some company will make a lot of sales if they invent a miracle cream that will transform our rough mittens into elegant soft hands.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment