Sunday 19 April 2020

The Two Sides Of Freshly Baked Crunchies.

The scrumptious aroma of chocolate crunchies wafting about the house.

Love it. My husband likes to bake on weekends and does so extremely well. Too well, I might add. During my corona based shopping forays he gives me an extended list of items well suited for his love of baking. Luckily he doesn't come with me to shop as he would find a whole lot of new inspiration in the various baking sections of supermarkets. Remember, one can't just look at baked goodies!

This morning he baked his second batch of chocolate crunchies and when I got back from my walk it felt like heaven coming into the house and breathing in the batch in the oven aroma. Oh, a day of self disciple on the cards.

Eventually Bob allowed me to break off a piece ( he wanted it all to cool down enough in order to cut them into perfect squares...in a perfect world!!! ) as he must have known that resistance was futile. Fresh out the oven needs to be sampled. No if when or but's! He used a bit less sugar than the first time and thus the cocoa became more dominant and addictive.

The batch he made should theoretically be enough for the next week or so, for those little extras one likes with a cup of tea or coffee but sadly, that plan isn't working out. Both of us have been heard to sneak into the kitchen to try another piece and then another. Gosh, that tray is like a little devil beckoning me to have more and more. Yikes, what a test of willpower...not sure if I can stand up to it.

But all jokes aside, it is so great to have a husband who loves to bake. Eventually, it might be a good idea to restart our bake & deliver service...bake because it's fun but before eating it all we would pack it nicely on a plate / tin and drive it to family, friends or neighbours in order to leave it on their doorstep with no strings attached.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment