Monday 6 April 2020

Shopping With A Difference.

A new way of shopping possibly here to stay.

Everything takes longer. Getting out of the car-an age as I need to carefully put on my latex gloves ( they drive me nuts ), don my glasses ( nothing should accidentally enter my eyes ) and pull my elastic scarf up to my nose. Of course trying to put car keys into a little bag with plastic finger extensions is frustrating to say the least. How do medical professionals do this all day long? They are saints.

Thankfully during this corona crisis all supermarkets have waved the deposit for their trolleys and today they had nice young men handing out face masks and wipes to disinfect the trolley rail. Nice. Very impressive and it gives one a little piece of mind.

I chose mid morning in order to avoid the hoards but it transpired that all thought along those lines. Pushing a trolley around the aisles is far from fun because working out a meter to this person and the one on the side is jolly annoying. Some folks couldn't care less about distance and wavered their trolley this way and that.

Look, I got it done and felt quite satisfied once I had stowed everything in the boot and had disinfected the car's interior. My stash of alcohol gets whipped out every time I have finished a particular shop and used to wipe down steering wheel, radio buttons, gear lever, handbrake and door handles. As annoying as it is, I feel good to kill any potential virus daring to hide in our car.

Getting everything back into the house and trying to remember which bag handles, door handles and keys are in need of an alcoholic wipe, can get rather tricky...the final pleasure after all the bits and bobs are disinfected is a quick cuddle with Mausi. Poor dear has to wait an age before I can pick her up and say hello with clean hands...

But regardless of the hassle involved, it is the least we can do to stop this horrid virus spreading about.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment