Wednesday 29 April 2020

And The Eyes Have It.

Disguise, not really.

We are all good citizens, walking around with half of our faces covered with either the generic blue mask or a string of homemade ones. The homemade ones are more funky and exhibit their own character or rather ours. Seeing that masks will be with us for most of the year we might as well get with it. A few people are a bit lax with their mask-ing and use their mask as if it was a hat or scarf, not bothering where they hold or touch it. Hardly they way we are supposed to handle masks.

Anyway, I was busy paying for Miss Maus's food at the pet shop when behind me in the queue stood a woman who looked familiar. Hard to tell when seeing only eyes, hair and not much else. Coupled with the fact that many women tend to look very similar. Hair, stature and features. Really. Erring on the side of caution, I smiled a friendly greeting when she also smiled at me and said:

" Hello, I thought it was you. "
Well, how about that.
" Hi, I wasn't quite sure, what with the mask and so on. Nice to see you here. "
( eh, I don't actually know her name and only really call her ' you ' ! )

She must have the same problem with names...
" Actually, I noticed your car in the car park and knew you would be here in the shop."
I must say, I was rather thrilled to be recognized and in such a way especially since I don't often see this Deutsch Schützner let alone the fact that she knows what car I drive. Of course, Bob and I are just the same and have an encyclopedic knowledge of who drives what... Ah, the joy of village life.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment