Thursday 23 April 2020

Shopping, Just Not Fun Anymore.

Many masks wandering about.

Today was earmarked as my shopping day with a visit to the big city. Yes, I braved Oberwart after having avoided it for the last two months. The only reason I drove there today is a store with most of our favourite Vegan essentials. Each day the local paper publishes a corona report for Burgenland and Oberwart district has as of today 120 current corona cases. With this in mind I was hyper vigilant.

On the whole everyone out today was clad appropriately and courteous enough by keeping the 1,5 meters distance in shops. Again, each supermarket had someone who disinfected each trolley and also disinfectant for us to use before going inside. Oh my golly, my poor mittens!

Dawdling, such as I am highly in favour of whilst perusing the shelves, is out of the question. Someone tends to be hovering behind waiting their turn. Passing people in the aisles is rather comical because none of us have worked out the rules of the aisles nor a correct code of breathing conduct.

All of our masks are not enough to keep the corona out otherwise we would all have passed out stone cold a minute into donning our masks, but some protection is had of course. At least my 'shopping mask' has multiple layers of material and is a good barrier for the moment.

Coming back home often reminds me of some old hospital movie...I run about with an alcohol laden tissue wiping down everything I might have touched. Mausi can't make heads or tails of all this as it takes me half an hour to store everything away and clean up before I have time to cuddle her.

Tomorrow I am going to look for a vegan online-shop and order tofu, beans & vegan butter by post and the rest I can easily get at the Spar down the road or our local shop.

The masked way of shopping is going to be with us for most if not all of this year and it is good so. A lot of us are going to change our shopping behaviours though and as long as we mainly shop at local-online shops, it might be a good thing...staying out of other people's way and supporting local.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment