Wednesday 1 April 2020

Who'd Have Thought That It Is April Fool's?

A bit of much needed levity on hand.

One almost feels a bit silly being silly in these serious times. Laughing should almost be done in private...well, everything is done in private now. How can we laugh when so many have it so bad, but laughing might just be a good bit of medicine. If only for today.

April fool's is more my parents thing ( more to that later ) and Bob and I merely guffaw at the purported news blunders accredited to it. Well, not this year...Bob got a hold of Miss Mausi before the sun was even up and came rushing into the lounge with the most dire state of affairs:

" Quick! Help me with her. She has got poo smeared all over her! "
Takes a whole lot to send me into a proper April and my dear husband, this didn't do the trick...if on the other hand he'd have screeched and held her at arm's length instead of cradling her like a baby, I would have fallen for it. Nice try though, but laugh we did!

A bit later, mid-morning I considered phoning my parents and telling whichever one answered the phone not to forget to send the other one into April in the usual way. Mysteriously, in the last thirty odd years and always on the first of April, there has s been a sighting of a big pile of dog poo in, or just on the doorstep of the house. Worked like a charm as mum could be seen most April fool's mornings with a bucket and mop in hand...well, not this year!

I casual, on the off chance that the date had been forgotten, mentioned that their neighbour across the road had phoned me about a big pile of dog poo outside their front gate. Well, this year mum had a bit of a giggle and wasn't the one sent on a fool's errant...It was good to have a bit of a laugh. Happy April Fool's...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment