Friday 3 April 2020

For The Love Of A Haircut.

For better or worse might now include a haircut!

The other day my honey started to notice his growing hair and not in a good way. Normally any hair daring to be too long gets dealt with chop chop! A phone call to my parents ( who happen to be the best stylists under the sun. Both of them! ) meant a sure fire quick appointment for a short back and sides. Suddenly the event of social distancing has made itself felt in regards to hair.

Well, yesterday Bob took it one step further and asked me to organize my parent's clippers because, as he put it;

" I can do my own haircut with it....or maybe you can help me with it? "
Oh no. No way Jose! I know my darling husband and contrary to popular opinion, some men are more fussy than us when it comes to haircuts. Imagine if I coughed or sneezed ( not even for because of corona ) and by mistake turned a number 3 into a number 1? Yikes, where would I stay so as not to have to hear that I might have done it on purpose?

Bob's hair actually looks quite spiffy and funky when it is a bit longer and since his hair has started to go grey, it has straightened quite a bit making his hairstyle a kind of Dr. McDreamy one. My McDreamy! Alas, he wants it chopped off and as of yesterday, by any means necessary. Well, count me out. So far I have been rather successful diverting his attention with funny photos posted online which surreptitiously appeared when needed. Those photos of hairstyle mishaps and those really utterly horrible haircuts done by parents when one was young. Parents who were NOT hairstylists. Need I say more...

As for my parents...everyday when I go to drop of stuff I have started to notice that my mum's hair is freshly cut and looking great. What else are two stylists going to do whilst in quarantine apart from playing hairdressers? Mum, you hair looks great, but don't go any shorter...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment