Tuesday 14 April 2020

Two Keys In A Pod.

Keys, always hiding in plain sight.

Tuesday after a long weekend, an extremely long weekend, takes some getting used to. Not that there is much work to be done outside the house due to our current restrictions but I did need to do some errands for one of the older villagers. Yes, after days of enjoying cocooning inside I had to leave the comfort of it.

It isn't as though the drive to town is a long way but nonetheless one does need to get everything sorted before driving off. Routines keep me grounded and just like any other day, the last thing I did was reach for the car keys....and reach I did because they were not there! Oh yikes, Bob must have put them somewhere else when he drove to the shop on Saturday.

Being married for a wonderfully long time I am wise to where my beloved tends to put keys but they weren't there. I even patted down every single jacket and jeans pocket but to no avail. Nothing for it but to phone Bob and work, pleasantly ( not accusatory!!!! ) asking him where the car keys were. He told me where he thought they might be and rang off, but not before hesitatingly asking me to check the car in case he had left the keys in the ignition.

Not finding it anywhere I headed outside ( mentally cursing my husband's mad-scientist behaviour in regards to keys ) to check the car. Hallelujah, they were still in the ignition and thankfully it wasn't turned on so that the battery was spared over this long weekend. I went back into the house to lock up, when Bob phoned me back:

" HONEY, I just remembered that I never drove our car this weekend. I only used my work van! "

" Aaah, sorry Schatzi. I found the keys and they were in the ignition. Was it really me????

" YES "

" Oh dear. Sorry Schatzi....oh dear, was that really me? Your habits are rubbing off on me. "
Of course he had already rung off before I had finished my sentence and was no doubt regaling his workmates with the follies of his wife and her forgetfulness. What next? Perhaps putting our pot of salt in the fridge and the butter on the shelf!

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment