Tuesday 28 August 2012

Assumptions...

Taking a different road.

They say that you should not do everything in the same manner, day in and day out. Being a Gemini, that resonates strongly with me, as I could easily do the same things again and again ! So this morning, at literally the crack of dawn, I took a left instead of a right when I went for my walk.

It is funny, but walking when it is still dark, I always assume that no one would really see what I am wearing. Colors mismatched, old tatty shirt and bright glow in the dark safty vest and hair sticking out in every direction. Of course, every car that passes me shined a spotlight on me
( small village and everyone knows me...lots of entertaining conversations for them ).

About five minutes into my walk, I realised how brave I was. The road curves past the local church and thus also past its graveyard. Now picture this windy road, while it was still dark with just a sliver of orange in the horizon, with a church on the right and the graveyard on the left. A few of the horror films that I had seen, raced through my mind.

I must say, that I almost turned around at one point. While looking into the graveyard, I saw different spots of colored lights here and there, on various graves ! It was getting to that twilight stage, where everything takes on a hazy outline. Bravely I carried on further and sneaked a look at one of the lights. It was a sort of flimmer with a bit of movement here and there. While I was checking this out, I was looking behind me, just in case someone or something was there !

Just then I realized what I was seeing...Shoo, it was a burning candle set in a red plastic container. As usual, my imagination had taken over the reigns...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment