Monday 20 August 2012

Gratitude and Abundance !

Wonderful Tomatoes.

Last week Werner, our neighbour, gave us some of his homegrown tomatoes and ten eggs from his hens. We were pleased as punch, and made a nice salad and had enough left for homemade pizza. Life in the country is ingenious.

Bob and I, do tend to have phases for things. At the moment we love having pancakes for lunch, and even if I say so myself, they are getting more even in diameter, yet the flipping still needs a spatula. It might have been the imagination, but with our new stash of eggs, they tasted even better...
Of course the one fly in the ointment is that those lovely egg-laying hens also have a rooster in tow. Bob is mad every morning ( at the crack of dawn, literally ) when said rooster crows his ladies ( and Bob ) awake. As Bob is not such a good morning person, I often fear for the rooster's life. Let's hope my soothing line " Just now you won't hear him anymore. People live near highways and become immune to the noise after a while " will work.

The other evening I got home after having helped out my mum, to see Bob sitting in front of our house. He was having a glass of wine and grinning from ear to ear.
" I saw Werner next door and went over to say Thank You for the tomatoes and eggs. "
" Oh that was nice of you. Did you tell him how nice they tasted ? "
" I did, and you won't believe it but he told me to get a container and gave us more tomatoes."
Wow, now we were both grinning from ear to ear !

Being grateful does lead to abundance. Werner gave Bob almost twice the amount of tomatoes. The simple life here in Burgenland is teaching us the most wonderful lessons about living life and enjoying it.

Biggi

We were so happy getting these tomatoes. The chillies are hotter than they look !

No comments:

Post a Comment