Tuesday 21 August 2012

Aging and what gives us away !

Not what you think.

There are so many aspects to growing older. Some are superficial and some have a bit more substance. A few of us know the feeling of discovering another laughter line. That at least shows that we had fun and can laugh.

This morning when I finished my walk and was doing my stretches, I happened to glance at my arms, with my head hanging down. Yikes, not such a nice sight. Where did my smooth skin go ? In vain, I tried moving the arm and flexing the muscle, in case it was just a distorted view, but no, it was real...Okay, that was the superficial !

Somehow, now that we ( Bob and I ) are in our forties, we do tend to judge everything by our yardstick. With comical results. I ( being four years older, but not quite a cougar ) was a teen during the late disco and early eighties pop scene, with the result that I imagine most youngsters today should do what I did then. Dance with the distinct John Travolta arm move, that is....But seriously, if youngsters don't conform to my image of what they should do and be, I sort of start mumbling," In my day, this would not have been allowed or have been done ". There it is, a sure fire sign that I am now a member the older generation.

A while ago, Bob and I were at a local Buschenschank and enjoying the vibe. We were sitting with the hosts mum, and at some time the granddaughter sat next to Bob, and chatted with us. She is a very nice young lady, who lives and works in Vienna. Therefore, she is very on trend in here clothes, style and music. While she was telling Bob about some festival she is going to, Bob told her he was also planning to go to it, and that he went to a lot of festivals in the nineties.

For Bob, he felt like he was young and with it, knowing all about the current music scene. But I could see, watching her face that she considered Bob to be of an older generation, and possible wondering what he would be like at the festival !!!
Haven't we all been to a Disco or Nightclub and watched a person of the older generation, trying to dance to our generations' songs...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment