Sunday 15 September 2013

It's Refreshing To (Sometimes) Go Back To Basics.

The simpler it is the more grounding for us.

Yesterday evening Bob disappeared into the room that we affectionately call Loo With A View. Luckily I had stopped the DVD to wait for his return, because I could just about hear his excited shout of; " Quickly look out the window at the beautiful sunset ".

Being sharp on the uptake & self preservation, I rushed to a window in a different room. The view that met me, made me run back to fetch my camera.

Nature is so powerful and eloquent in its simplicity. The varying shades of red and orange, kind of find the key through the armour we all wear. You know that armour which stops us from appreciating the simpler things.
This morning, nature was on my side and showed me the counterpart to the sunset. Soul food indeed!
When I turned around, I discovered the eye-popping red of some of the peach tree's leaves. Amazing early Autumn.
A few steps further and I almost felt as if the sky was beckoning me to take a picture. Unbelievably, it resembles a Stairway to Heaven.
Once you look for the basics in nature or life, you see it everywhere. The shades of blue covered with dew, as we go into our front door gives me a feeling of joy every time. ( My aunt gave us this plant. Thank you, Angelika. )
A lonely strawberry among a sea of green is also nice and refreshing to see.

Being aware of and focusing on the basics in life, make it all so much easier and more worthwhile.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment