Tuesday 3 September 2013

Leo, A Golden Retriever, Had Us At The 1st Bark.

This dog has a gentle soul and must be an angel...

More family came to visit yesterday. Yippee, I treasure family time. Two of my uncles, an aunt and their golden retriever called Leo. Sorry to say this, but Leo stole the show!

My uncle and his family run one of the most successful Jewellery Stores in their part of Bavaria
( They still make lots of custom made, handcrafted jewellery ). Leo, from puppy stage, has had the run of the business and is mostly perched outside on the front steps. He even features prominently on their website: August Perchermeier-Traunstein-Jeweller .

Well, let Leo be the star now:

Granted, he looks very relaxed here, but in his defense I must mention that Bob had scratched behind his ear for 5 minutes.
No need to ask, whether he is enjoying himself..
Bob & Leo.
Like children, Bob & I were fighting over who got to take the leash. Leo needed to use his lavatory. Apart from marking every tree, bush or shrub he refused to do anything that might traumatize us.( my uncle had given us instructions on how to use that little poo-plastic bag )
The only bad behaviour Leo sports, is that he loves to de-head flowers etc. Well, he proceeded to demolish Albert's carefully reared " hops ". I think he ate a few because he looked a bit drowsy to us.
The day was over all to soon, and there I am, cuddling him goodbye. This dog is just so special, kind and lovable. We would baby-sit him any day...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment