Thursday 29 September 2016

A Typical Night's Sleep Of A Cat Lover.

Eh, what sleep?

The term cat lover says it all. Once you've brought home your little furry bundle from the pound, all rules and regulations applied to any other member of the household ( ie husband ) are out the window. Tout de suite. It's those cute little and extremely expressive pair of cat eyes that melt your heart.

Cats are elusive, exclusive, aloof, moody and dish out their own brand of love often favouring one over the other. Truthfully, our Mausi is my shadow and I do get more cuddling time than Bob does. Yet, on Monday I happened to be out all day and when I got home, Mausi gave me the silent treatment for at least 12 hours. Yes, seriously and to add to my guilt, she made a point of cuddling up to Bob while looking at me. Almost as if to say; ' Next time you leave me alone, I'll become daddy's shadow! '

Last night, when I couldn't sleep, I got up and migrated to the couch in our lounge. Comfortable but rather narrow. While almost dozing off in front of the TV, ensconced in my duvet, I heard the jump before I felt it. Cunningly, she awaited my entry into slumber ( maybe I do snore after all? ) before jumping onto my chest. At about 4 kg, she can be a tad bit heavy.

At one stage she was a bit to close to my face and I tried to nudge her towards my stomach. Cats move and twist to get comfortable and if she is to high up on my chest, I stand a good chance of getting her behind rather close to my face. I have learnt this from personal experience!

When I tried to move her gently, she just held up her little face and directed those soulful eyes at me. Goodness me, I didn't have the heart to disturb or upset her. Mausi had the run of the bed so to speak because I didn't dare do anything to upset or upend her. At one point I wanted to turn onto my side but literally lay there for a few minutes trying to decide how to do that without waking her, while at the same time giving myself a pep talk with the words ' Goodness, she's only a cat ' in it.

Believe me, her four kilograms felt more like forty when I finally plucked up the courage to move her but she changed her position and adopted a pose that was too cute for words and eh, too cute to disturb. Her little head was resting between her paws, and she sighed with contentment.

The moral of this tale...if you adopt a cat, be prepared for sleepless nights coupled with days full of joy, fun and love received from this little cat.

Biggi

A cutie, isn't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment