Is that why they call it the presence?
Waking up each morning is special, if only for the fact that we do. Actually right there is the best reason to wake up each day because it means you are alive...but are you living your life? Every morning, the slate is wiped clean and you can chisel new hieroglyphics into your tablet...the real tablet called life.
Each and every day there are a million things to look forward to:
- Meeting new people and maybe gaining new friends.
- Seeing a sunrise.
- Being the recipient of a smile. A friendly smile. One of those smiles that makes you smile in return.
- Meeting your soulmate. Being single makes this one of the top reasons that you can't wait to greet a new day.
- Being healthy.
- Having your family around you.
- Being kind to a stranger. Perhaps helping a stranger without posting about it.
- Being kind to yourself.
- Going for a walk, even if it rains.
- Being engrossed in a new book. One that makes you forget all sense of time and dimension.
- Knitting socks for winter. Don't laugh, but they say knitting is the best activity to make you live in the moment.
- Having dinner with your family around the kitchen table and discussing what the day brought.
- Seeing a sunset and being grateful for it...