Thursday 25 August 2016

Dogs Have A Way Of Getting Us To Live In The Moment.

Searching for happiness in the wrong places.

We tend to equate inner happiness paradoxically with having to find it everywhere but where we are! Inner happiness, the search of which keeps us all in motion and makes businesses rub their mittens in glee.

How many products, that promised instant happiness, are languishing in cupboards the world over? Who hasn't got a waffle iron / ab-trainer / ice cream machine / slimming pills / window cleaning apparatus / onion slicer...never or only once used.

The net gets throw over all and only a few can escape from it. The net of unless you have and see this, you're not happy. Well, yesterday, I got a quick and easy lesson of what life should be about.

Wednesday sees me doing my solitary wait in hope of fellow walkers to join me. My job, you know! Anyway, it was seven and as seemingly nobody wanted to join me for a walk, I was about to set off on my own when out of the blue I heard an excited bark.

" Look Johnny, there is Birgit! "
I hadn't seen Johnny or his owner for months, yet there he was straining at his leash in order to greet me with the usual sniff and cuddling into my body. I have to tell you, that dogs have a way to weed out all the periphery of noise and stuff ( which we cling to like drowning rats ) with one head butt.

What more do we need really? Walking with Johnny and his owner for the next hour or so, was a nice way to relax and be in the moment. Being in the moment is one of the most difficult tasks to achieve, but walking through the forest, with a golden retriever nudging me every now and again, I was living in the moment...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment