Wednesday 24 August 2016

Ich Bin Ein Burgenlaender.

Not everyone wants to be a Berliner!

By pure chance I found a new logo and a new bag. Well, not really as I gave the bag as a present. Trust Spar to come up with the goods and in this case, putting a name to a good feeling. Spar deserves a visit rather more often as they do push local produce to the fore, even though it tends to still be surrounded by mass produced stuff from far and yonder.

Ich bin ein Burgenländer
That logo on a tote bag, is great almost ingenious! The more I thought about it, the more I realized how good it is to be a Burgenländer, albeit still wet behind my ears. Only yesterday I had a chance to drive to different towns. A drive that was encased with the most spectacular landscape. Coupled with the blue sky, it was manna to my soul.

We don't have skyscrapers, mega cities, mega entertainment ( although, a Buschenschank can be entertaining ) or mega shopping, but we have that cozy feeling of being at peace, being comfortable and being home.

Our little bit of Burgenland has enough quietness to allow one to be in tune with one's soul, so to speak. Don't get me wrong, one can have all the modern time thieves that Tim Berners-Lee's invention allows us to use and we are a mere hop skip and jump away from Vienna ( another Austrian jewel ) but, there is also the solitude waiting to be made use of.

Being a Burgenländer is great, and from pure observation, I am not alone. Most youngsters go off to find careers in Vienna and beyond, yet most weekends they travel back home. Not because they have to, but because they want to.

As you know, Bob and I are Burgenland's #1 fans but it is nice to have a bag to remind us that others love it too.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment