Unlocking our memories.
Just walking around outdoors makes me notice the divine perfume of nature. Of course, the scents change with the seasons - colour and aroma intermingled.
- The easiest to describe is the wonderful scent of freshly cut grass. Once we walk past it we can't help but smile. Smile, because it takes us back to our childhood and holidays in the country.
- Can you picture the smell of ladybugs? They have a scent, that reminds me of May and Spring.
- The fresh smell of cut fir trees lingering in the air. That woody scent, one that gives out a feeling of comfort.
- Freshly left / dropped cow dung...yes, it is poo, but it has memories of holidays on a farm attached to it.
- The minutes after the rain has stopped makes the air feel sort of new, fresh and clean. I know it sounds silly, but that is how it feels and smells to me.
- Flowers and plants are of course a winner in the memory game. Roses and their legendary perfumes, herbs with their at times pungent smells and of course beauties such as lavender. I don't know about you, but when I think of the colour purple, lavender is the first thing that comes to mind!