Sunday 12 January 2014

Do You Remember...' The Carpenters '?

Real songs that take us back into a good place.

Oh I know, music is different for everybody and if there are more than two people living in your house, you'll know all about it. Throw a few teenagers' into the mix, and I am sure that your nerves are in a heightened state. Sort of like chalk scraping down the blackboard the wrong way!

Through time, songs are sung that resonate with almost all. They transcend different genres of music likes. Oh, some are considered even cool to listen to. As you know, Frank Sinatra is my main man and I have noticed, that even the most ardent fans of alternative music, will know the words to his songs...dead giveaway that!

This morning I heard a song by The Carpenterson the radio and it felt as if my soul skipped in happiness. You know, one of those songs that lifts you out of the doldrums and seems to wash all the cares away. It must be a combination of her voice and the music. Music that is plain music. No remixed or synthesized lot there. Oh yes, music was genuine back in the day..

If you listen to the radio, find a " Golden Oldie " station and listen out for their songs. Oh yes, they will definitely play one. Enjoy, and please let me know what you think of The Carpenters.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment