Going back in time is not always a bad thing.
This morning I happened to scroll through my news feed on Facebook and it abounded with good wishes and so forth for 2014. One message that shone like a beacon of light was from Felix Neureuther. Oh yes, a young & trendy olympic alpine athlete put up a quote by Francis Bacon. The quote made me feel good, and I am now even more of a fan of Felix's...
Here are some quotes that I find inspiring, interesting or amusing:
- " The great and almost only comfort about being a woman is that one can always pretend to be more stupid than one is, and no one is surprised."...Freya StarkThe Valley of the Assassins 1934
- " The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough."...Rabindranath Tagore Fireflies 1928
- " I can't stand a naked light bulb, any more than I can stand a rude remark or a vulgar action."...Tennessee Williams A Streetcar Named Desire 1947
- " None love the messenger who brings bad news."...Sophocles Antigone c.443 BC
- " Marriage is the most advanced form of warfare in the modern world."...Malcolm Bradbury The History Man 1975
- " When kindness has left people, even for a few moments, we become afraid of them as if their reason has left them."...Willa Cather My Mortal Enemy 1926
- " There are only two families in the world, as an old grandmother of mine used to say: the Haves and the Have-nots."...Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra Don Quixote
- " I recommend you to take care of the minutes: for hours will take care of themselves."...Earl of Chesterfield letter to his son, Nov 1747
- " Just as a women's bodies are softer than men's, so their understanding is sharper."...Christine de Pisan The City Of Ladies 1405
- " You can tell the ideals of a nation by its advertisements."...Norman Douglas South Wind 1917
- " After all, tomorrow is another day."...Margaret Mitchell closing words of Gone With the Wind
Dear Readers, firstly a big ' Thank You ' for supporting me and secondly I wish you a wonderful start to the New Year!