Wednesday 1 January 2014

Quotes That I Find Interesting, Inspiring Or Amusing!

Going back in time is not always a bad thing.

This morning I happened to scroll through my news feed on Facebook and it abounded with good wishes and so forth for 2014. One message that shone like a beacon of light was from Felix Neureuther. Oh yes, a young & trendy olympic alpine athlete put up a quote by Francis Bacon. The quote made me feel good, and I am now even more of a fan of Felix's...

Here are some quotes that I find inspiring, interesting or amusing:

  • " The great and almost only comfort about being a woman is that one can always pretend to be more stupid than one is, and no one is surprised."
    ...Freya StarkThe Valley of the Assassins 1934
  • " The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough."
    ...Rabindranath Tagore Fireflies 1928
  • " I can't stand a naked light bulb, any more than I can stand a rude remark or a vulgar action."
    ...Tennessee Williams A Streetcar Named Desire 1947
  • " None love the messenger who brings bad news."
    ...Sophocles Antigone c.443 BC
  • " Marriage is the most advanced form of warfare in the modern world."
    ...Malcolm Bradbury The History Man 1975
  • " When kindness has left people, even for a few moments, we become afraid of them as if their reason has left them."
    ...Willa Cather My Mortal Enemy 1926
  • " There are only two families in the world, as an old grandmother of mine used to say: the Haves and the Have-nots."
    ...Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra Don Quixote
  • " I recommend you to take care of the minutes: for hours will take care of themselves."
    ...Earl of Chesterfield letter to his son, Nov 1747
  • " Just as a women's bodies are softer than men's, so their understanding is sharper."
    ...Christine de Pisan The City Of Ladies 1405
  • " You can tell the ideals of a nation by its advertisements."
    ...Norman Douglas South Wind 1917
  • " After all, tomorrow is another day."
    ...Margaret Mitchell closing words of Gone With the Wind

Dear Readers, firstly a big ' Thank You ' for supporting me and secondly I wish you a wonderful start to the New Year!

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment