Friday 2 November 2012

Getting A Present From Your Bank...

What are the odds, in this day and age ?

Every year, this is the second time for us, our local Bank, Raiffeisen Bank, gives a little back. Somehow I think this happens all over Austria, but I can only vouch for us here.

From one day to the next, a little tented area with benches and tables was put up. Right out front of the Bank entrance. Just dandy in case someone forgets about it, although in a village our size, the bush telegraph had already done its job. My Mum had phoned and arranged for us all to meet there the next morning.

Knowing that everybody would get two sausages, breadroll and a drink of their choice, we tried to be hungry ( hard to do as it was just after breakfast ). But before even queuing up for the food, we went inside the bank and got a present each !

Wow, can you imagine getting a present, any present, from your bank ? A little something that says that they appreciate our custom. How ingenious to do that. Oh I know, that ultimately we have paid for this present, but it is the thought that counts. I mean, we never question who really paid for a present that our spouse gives us...!

This brought back memories of getting a " savings piggy " ( piggy bank ? ) as a young girl in Germany. But I must say, that all my years in South Africa, I can't remember ever getting a present from a bank. In fact, they loved to still charge me, when I gave them a present. What else would you call depositing money ?

Biggi

Bob posing with our bounty...

Food...

No comments:

Post a Comment