Saturday 10 November 2012

Little Things That Make Me Smile.

My Good Mood List...

How often does this happen to you ? Your day seems dim because you feeling maybe a slight bit down, or negative. Yet when you stumble across a gem of sorts, your mood and day instantly brightens up. At times it could cause you to even skip about like a child playing ' hop-scotch '.

Well here are some items on my " this instantly cheers me up " list.

  • Driving with the radio on and a " Golden Oldie " such as : Abba, BeeGees or Frank Sinatra gets played ( of course if it is a song from " Saturday Night Fever: The Original Movie Sound Track " the mood lifts almost stratospherically ) !
  • Walking in the countryside and seeing the day break. The sun gives an amazing kaleidoscope.
  • Sitting on the couch with a good book and maybe a scrumptious chocolate.
  • Making Filter Coffee and catching that first scent of its wonderful rich aroma.
  • Baking scones, which I made myself and seeing them turn out great.
  • Eating a scone with lashings of butter and homemade jam.
  • Hanging out with my husband...of course sometimes he was the one that put me in a funk in the first place !
  • A friend phones unexpectedly just to have a chat.
  • Hanging freshly washed laundry on our clothes line outside ( I know, a bit strange but I am just being honest ).
  • Having a pedicure with an 20 min foot massage.
  • Loo with a View ( see blogstory ).

Biggi

For me, each season is more beautiful than the next, here in our Burgenland.

Winter in our village's vineyards last year.

Watching the ' chicken-whisperer ' teaching his charges how to bow...

Getting a homegrown bounty from our neighbour.

No comments:

Post a Comment