Wednesday 3 April 2013

Getting To The Bottom Of Your Laundry Hamper !

Surprisingly not so easy to achieve.

How on earth does it always fill up faster than you can empty it ? With just the two of us, it's a household challenge of note ! I can just about imagine the multiple treasures that could lurk at the bottom of a hamper serving a family of four.

The laundry hamper also known as the holiday home ( or in my case, hiding place ) of mismatched socks and long forgotten clothes.

Like any good wife, I took matters into my own hands in regard to a questionable pair of camo pants owned by my spouse. A pair that got its designer rips & holes the old fashioned way...through wear and tear.

You know, a pair so old and worn, that it sadly leaves not much to the imagination and should possibly only be worn in the house !

Oh, I know I poke fun at my husband. Naturally I have stashed a pair of extremely questionable
( style and everything else ) jeans in the depths of my cupboard that gets hauled out now and again...just to see if I can get any part or even my whole leg into them. Better and more realistic than a scale.

Most women possess a pair of ' yesteryear ' jeans also know by the code name " our thin jeans " ! Men, if you take a look into the back of your lady's cupboard, you'll find them...

Coming back to Bob's pants, I had in fact hidden them in the laundry hamper so long ago, that even I didn't remember hiding them...only for Bob to suddenly upturn the hamper and shout out :
" Oh my God, I have been looking for these all over."

When you are married you learn to think on your feet; " Well, who put all those other clothes on top of it ? Anyway, didn't you tell me to throw them out ? " . If you are single, those are the nuggets of fun awaiting you when you enter the hallowed portals of marriage !

Some of you might think there are hints of subterfuge about it. But, as you will find out for yourself, your man never seems to believe you when you say : " Schatzi, those pants look so special on you, that only my eyes should feast on them. ".

Amazon.com:Rubbermaid 4D06 Configurations 23-Inch Foldable Laundry Hamper, Natural
Amazon.de :Wenko 3440112100 Wäschesammler Duo - 2 Wäsche-Kammern, Polyester, Aluminium, 59 x 57 x 38 cm, beige

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment