Thursday 25 June 2015

Our House Is A Bit Of A Zoo - Complete With A Peacock And A Newly Minted Cougar!

A trip into Oberwart has consequences...

Bob needed to sort out some official paper work at the city hall. We don't go there often and only when we need something ( the last time we were there, we had to pay a speeding fine when one of us drove 41 in a 30 zone ). In fact, the last time we saw the lady we were on the way to see, was four years ago when we first arrived.

She is a lovely, nice and helpful lady who is a bit younger than me. She straight away recognized us as the South Africans. Clearly we make good first impressions. Well, not so much me, but Bob.

All of us were shooting the breeze, when, out of the blue, she said:

" Gosh, Herr ..., you still look like you're in your twenties. Time and the lifestyle haven't affected you! "
...WELL as they say in the movies, that was all folks. Murphy's law, Bob doesn't understand all German, but this he understood loud and clear and if I was in any doubt, his suddenly puffed out chest, his sucked in stomach and a grin that spread from ear to ear proved my suspicion.

Unwittingly, this nice lady had unleashed a youngster. After we left a few moments later, I can't tell you how many times I heard this phrase:

"Yoohoo, I still look like I am in my twenties! "
On the way back home, Bob began theorizing about what in particular it was that made him appear so very young (!). Was it his two tone t-shirt, fancy trainers, his new corduroys or perhaps his youthful skin...

Good grief, at one stage he even bounced around the idea of buying hair-dye for his slightly grey hair. But I immediately put a stop to this silly idea...

" Schatzi, imagine how it would look, if I walked around with someone who looks like a teenager? Bad enough to be seen with a twenty-something. "

All of a sudden I had morphed from a baby cougar ( he is 4 years my junior after all) into a full grown cougar...

P/S: One things for sure...the next time Bob needs to go to the city hall, he won't be on his own!

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment