Wednesday 3 February 2016

Our Princess Definitely Needs A Cushion For Her Comfort.

Are we the only enslaved pet owners?

It seems that our Maus is still finding her favourite perch to rest on or perhaps out of boredom she moves around the house. In the beginning it was the single chair which meant that nobody else could use it. Then it was the gap under the stove and finally the tray of chopped wood awaiting its destiny.

Well that last perch broke her string of magical mystery tour perches. Some of the chopped wood had moving bits in the bark and when I spotted a muggu on her fur, I put my foot down. Yes, I covered her daybed among the wood. Let me tell you, that her ladyship wasn't too pleased with me...

To try and appease her ( only once you have a pet, do you start realize why people jump through hoops to get a nod, cuddle or purr ) I upturned our waste paper basket ( a real one, just for used paper and handmade by the previous homeowner ) and before I could say boo, there she was already curling up in it. Who knew, that this old basket would be her idea of heaven?

Bob, wanting only the best for her, then took a soft fleece blanket and molded it into the basket and yes, she loved the basket even more. In a way we'd scored an own goal because those lovely times that she would sleep on our feet, seem to be relegated to the annals of history...

" Ooh, remember when she used to sleep on our feet ? "....

We were in town yesterday afternoon and made a pit stop at a furniture shop. I was in search for a huge throw cushion for my parents. You know, one of those brilliant cushions you can put behind your back while watching TV in bed, without the risk of falling asleep. Naturally, none in store and I can just picture a legion of locals watching TV in comfort...

Bob, never one to miss an opportunity, decided to look for a cushion slighlty smaller. A cushion for his princess. He tried the softness of several and settled on an ultra comfortable one and even chose a good colour.

As soon as we got home, he rearranged the cushion underneath the blanket in her basket. Oh, now our little one sleeps in a soft and cushy basket..You know, it used to be me but now I am just the runner up while our cat is #1... Yet another entry in the family history annals.

" ...Gosh Bob, I can vaguely remember those time when you bought me cushions and carried me on in your arms...

Biggi

She does know how to strike a pose...Just love her to bits.
.." I'm not coming out of there! "
...A happy cat makes a healthy pet...

No comments:

Post a Comment