Monday 16 May 2016

The Two Sides Of A Sunday In Burgenland.

Reflective and rather hectic...

It was one of Bob's big annual do's yesterday. A meeting of many villages and of course their volunteer fire departments. A men's event for sure and why shouldn't the men get some time away from their at times nagging ( I speak for myself only! ) wives. At least, the Bobster did mumble last year, that it might be a good idea for him to go alone as it would give him a day of hanging out with the guys. Fair enough and I quite agree.

Honestly, where else can husbands let off steam about the little traits that irritate them about their wives? Not that we have many and an hour should suffice, don't you think? Somehow, when we gals go get together over a cup of coffee and a sinfully yummy slice of cake, conversation tends to take a long time and often it needs to be continued into the evening with a glass of wine.

Yesterday was one of those occasions when I saw my husband off at 8 am and had a quiet day at home until he came home in the evening, happy to see me after a day apart and full of anecdotes about his day.

My day on my own was rather nice too. A day to relax, a day to read or a day to sleep. Strictly speaking I wasn't alone as the delightful Mausi was there with me and for some reason stuck to me like glue. Watching a repeat of the Eurovision Song Contest, had her slumbering on my shins and ditto with the Spanish Grand Prix. What a fabulous race, what a fabulous first win for Max Verstappen.

There were so many things I wanted to do and before I knew it, the sun was busy setting and I had done only half of what I set out to do. Not to worry, there are a few functions still ahead, where I get another chance to do absolutely nothing or everything.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment