Thursday 27 April 2017

Eggs And Rain.

Oh, and laundry.

Yesterday we spent a good part of our day filling wine. No, not filling us with wine but filling the bottles of wine that will hopefully fill us soon with joy. What made me think of bottling is the fact that even now typing languidly on the keyboard is reminding me of the many bottles I cleaned, schwefeld - sulfured and stacked. My slightly ancient looking biceps are a thing of the past.

But, back to rain. It is raining rather a bit yet this morning, the sun was shining and I managed to get a long walk in. Before I left I put a load of laundry into the machine and hung it up on my return. The sun was still out albeit behind a few clouds. Never mind, I went inside to have a bit to eat. Not too much as we were expecting our Danish part of the family to arrive early in the morning.

Aren't men funny. I was in the shower and Bob came in to tell me that it was raining buckets...should he put the washing in? Well, recently I have been an avid supporter of that theory of leaving the washing on the line as the sun is never more than a step behind the rain. Also I do get tired of constantly taking the stuff of the line and an hour later putting it back on. Leave it be, is my motto.

Oh, I thought, in for a penny in for a pound and joyously told Bob to just leave it be as it would dry a bit later for sure. As we speak, the rain has ceased, so let's hope the laundry will be dry by evening. Otherwise I might get a few I told you so's perhaps even well deserved. Psst don't tell!

About an hour after the laundry affair ( gosh, life in Burgenland has many excitements which I wouldn't trade for anything ) a Danish car jauntily pulled into our driveway and I knew that my sister in law was at the wheel as she drives with pizzaz. Our famous green eggs graced the breakfast table and we had a jolly good time catching up.

Of course a sign of the times is that rather sad reality of already knowing each other's business and life moving events due to that modern mania of social media...I wonder if anyone can still remember?

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment