Saturday 13 July 2013

" Jaws "...Do You Remember ?

Da......Da....Da...Da..Da.Da !

Even now after so many many years, I can see that infamous fin cresting the water ! Didn't we all scream: " Swim, darn it, swim " .

It was in the 70's that I first saw " Jaws ". It was at the movies and I couldn't have been older than eleven. Seeing it on the big screen as opposed to a TV screen made all the difference. Who I went to see it with, has escaped my memory, but what I do remember is that the next day we drove to Italy on holiday.

Jaws..rent or buy it from Amzon.com

A holiday by the sea. Need I say more ? The first few days I was busy finding excuses not to swim or to go near the water. When I eventually plucked up some courage to venture knee high into the sea, my brother made sure to sing along :" Da....da...da..da.da ! " Well, you can imagine the rest.

Mr Spielberg needs to be honoured some more. You know, to this day, I am still wary of swimming in the sea. In fact a lake can also evoke that little ditty playing in my mind.

Der Weisse Hai / Jaws...hire or buy from Amazon.de

A few years ago, I saw a marked down copy of " Jaws " in the shops and of course couldn't resist. When I watched it I made sure that my darling Bob was sitting next to me. At first he pooh-poohed the whole idea: " This is so lame and so yesteryear."

But he valiantly sat with me and if I remember correctly, he put up a hand to shield his eyes once or twice ! Ah, the things we do for love.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment