Saturday 6 July 2013

Is There An Etiquette About Scratching In Public ?

And should this apply mostly to men ?

Well, I suppose the rule of thumb would be, to simply not do it. Simple, easy and doable.

Yet, how often do we catch a glimpse of a scratch here and there ? I am sorry if I do sound a bit biased, but more often than not, it is a manly scratch...

Even this story is about Bob and a scratch ! Although a scratch of a different sort. Every now and again, we stop at our local tea room, to get milk, incidentals and the odd scratch card. They do say, that if you are not in it, you can't win it ! So, yesterday was one of those days that we got a scratch card.

As is the norm in our household, I am usually the one who is sprinting into the shop, while my Mr. sits waiting in the idling car with the odd nervous tic on the steering wheel. You know, in case I take too long. Luckily ( for him ) he has never hooted to hurry me along ! Really Bob, I can't shop any faster.

The only time he switches off the car, is when he is scratching off the cover on a scratch card. My Bob is particular and likes to take his time.

So, both of us were sitting in the car outside the shop. Bob was scratching off the card that was resting on his thigh. Finding a hard surface to lean on in a car is not so easy.

While we both were sitting in the car, looking down onto Bob's lap, with Bob busy scratching, I saw an elderly lady cycling up to the shop. I waved a " Hello ", but she stoically ignored me.
Jeez-a-lou, what was wrong with her ?

Well, I suddenly realized what she had just seen. Both of us sitting in a car, looking down at Bob's nether region, with Bob busy scratching... oh dear, she must have wondered about us indeed !

It just goes to show, never to scratch anything in public !

Biggi

This could appear different from the outside...

No comments:

Post a Comment